The Keralite Beach Wedding Destinations – A Personal Review
If you search the key-phase “best beach wedding destination”on Google, you will get overwhelmed by hundreds of search results pointing to hundred different beach wedding destinations and each page trying to justify – why to visit there! Thereby picking up the suitable one among all those is as critical and brainstorming as choosing a bride among hundreds of your friends.
Though choosing a suitable wedding destination is just the matter of your personal choice, albeit there are some crucial factors that influence your decision indirectly. Will you prefer a location to avow the bride especially in a location where you spent a vacation with your fianc?ï¿½ in the last summer? Definitely you would prefer a location far from the crowd, a majestic beach surrounded by lots of scenic spots, a location with optimal facilities for spending a quality honeymoon, unique cultural diversity of the local inhabitants, easy transportation facilities from the airport and a trip which is in your budget. Each beach wedding destination is unique by some reasons or the other. The Date is another key factor that determines where to go for the trip. So, if you have fixed your date in between November to April, then you can choose Kerala, the aesthetic southern extreme corner of the Indian Peninsula.
Below are a few reasons for selecting Kerala as your preferred beach wedding destination –
1) Exotic Beaches: Kerala represent 600 Km of coastal area with crescent waves hitting the shore, eye-candy lagoons, swaying palm trees, scenic views of the sun sets, mesmerizing bump of misty waves, enchanting melodies of the wind, plethora of opportunity for sea sports, sea cuisines, luxurious beach resorts – perfect for beach wedding venues, Ayurvedic Spas are just few of the many facets of “Keralite Beaches”. Spectacular beaches that proclaim the supreme ambiance of the Keralite beaches are – “Kovalam, Varkala, Somatheeram, Shanghumukham…”
2) Economy & Affordability: Easy connectivity of the capital city Thiruvananthapuram with major cities of the world and very economic airfare are two very good reasons that prompt people to opt for this coastal state as their beach wedding destination. Again the local wedding planners offer very competitive packages to the to-be nuptials. The brides and grooms can reap close the benefit of the just blossomed wedding planning industry of the state through tough bargaining, demanding extra ad-on services from the wedding planners at the same service charge. Average cost of a marriage in Kerala can vary between $500 to $5500, depending on the package and theme of the wedding.
3) Themes: The local wedding planners, hotels and resorts offer all contemporary wedding themes including – local themes like Keralite, Bollywood, Southern Indian, Under the Sea, Backwater themes etc. – are a few of the most popular ones. Exchange wedding vows with your partner in Kerala emphatically and mystically, so that memory of each euphoric moment becomes treasure of your life.
4) Luxury honeymoons: Kerala is often referred to as the “Venice of the East”. Besides the wonderful beaches, tourists love to visit the hill-stations, sanctuaries for salvation from hectic lives. Kerala is sanctified by the nature with its long stretch of Backwater ways. You can plan the start of your nuptial life in a very private but romantic way at a boathouse locally called as – “Kettuvallams”, while enjoying the beauty of the nature in the bed of a glowing full moon night. Alleppey, Kochi, Kollam, Kasargod, Kottayam are a few of the back waterways that justifies the cost of the package with studding and eye captivating views of the natural beauty with bounty of gifts in the form of mangroves, lakes, canals, paddy fields. Enjoy sun baths, fishing, rowing, swimming and other adventure sports in your stay.
5) Rich Cultural Heritage: Though Kerala is world famous for splendid Ayurvedic Spas and Ayurvedic Healthcare Resorts, but its real beauty can be felt in the rich cultural heritage – a unique composition of the Western and Oriental cultures. If you visit Kerala, you must join a Christian Wedding Ceremony to experience the cultural diversity of the land. Keralite Christian weddings depict the perfect blending of Hindu traditions and Christian wedding rituals.
6) Safety: Kerala is a safer haven for the newly wedded couples in India. In contrast to other parts of India, political scenario here is quite stable and terrorist free. Keralites are well known in India as educated, peace loving, tolerant to other religions and for their hospitality. Kerala is the epitome of a prosperous state.
Besides all these, a newly wedded couple can spend their quality time visiting the monuments, ancient Catholic Churches, Hindu temples like Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple (the richest temple of the world), snake parks, Dutch forts and enjoying a stunning elephant safari in particular.